Why It Might Be Time to Move Your Etsy Store to Woocommerce?
Reading Time: 00:06:24
Do you have an Etsy store? If so, is it doing as well as you hoped it would? Are you finding that listing and managing your products on Etsy is taking up more of your time than you anticipated? Are the fee’s outweighing the income you’re bringing in? Do you feel as if your shop is getting lost in the sea of other similar shops? If so, it might be time to move your Etsy store to Woocommerce. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of doing so. Stay tuned!
1. What is WooCommerce and what are its benefits over Etsy?
WooCommerce is a popular eCommerce platform that enables you to create a professional online store. WooCommerce at it’s core is a free plugin that can be added onto any WordPress-hosted website. WooCommerce offers a variety of features and benefits that Etsy does not, such as:
- The ability to use your own domain name (i.e. www.YourStoreName.com)
- More customization options for your store design. With the use of page builders like Elementor or Divi you can create a fully custom immersive shop design that matches your branding, and showcases what you want to share!
- No listing fees – you only pay a transaction fee when an order is placed, and this is through whatever payment gateway you use; ie: PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc.
- Increased security for your customer’s information. By enabling an on-site security plugin like WordFence, and ensuring your SSL certificate is activated, you’re providing a more secure platform for your customers.
- Create an Abandoned Cart email strategy; capturing those customers that wanted to buy from you but for some reason didn’t complete their checkout. Read our recent blog on how implementing a Cart Abandonment Strategy helped recover $16k for our client.
2. What are the payment options available on WooCommerce, and how do they compare to those on Etsy?
On WooCommerce, you have the ability to accept a wider range of payment options than you do on Etsy. In addition to PayPal, which is also available on Etsy, you can accept credit cards directly on your WooCommerce store. This can be done through a number of different payment gateway providers, such as Stripe or Authorize.net. Depending on your shop structure, if you allow in-person payments, you can allow this as well with WooCommerce payment options.
3. “Are there any other features or benefits of using WooCommerce that I should be aware of before making the switch?”
Yes! In addition to the features and benefits we’ve already mentioned, as WooCommerce is built on WordPress you also benefit from the flexibility of WordPress features.
- A built-in blogging platform, which can be used to share news and updates with your customers. Blogs are very helpful when you add consistent new content for SEO, and help drive traffic to your website.
- The ability to create coupons and discounts for your products or services through WooCommerce Coupons. If you want more advanced coupons; ie: Spend $100 get $50 off, you can enable coupons or promos like this.
- Google Analytics integration, so you can track your store’s traffic and performance. Tracking, and seeing where your traffic is coming from is at it’s core a basic need when you’re running an online shop. What platform is working for you? Where is your audience coming from? Is there a page that people are falling off of – can you make any adjustments to it?
- A wide selection of plugins and themes to choose from, which can be used to further customize your store, from side carts, to popups, to surveys – the possibilities are endless with 55,000 plugins available (all not ones you need or should use) for the WordPress Platform, anything is possible!
4. What kind of shipping options are available with WooCommerce?
With WooCommerce, you can offer a variety of shipping options to your customers at checkout. These include:
- Local Pickup: Allow customers to pick up their orders from your store or office.
- Flat Rate Shipping: Offer a flat shipping rate, no matter the order size or destination.
- Free Shipping: Offer free shipping
For shipping providers, WooCommerce integrates with platforms including USPS, UPS, and FedEx, ShipStation, PirateShip & more.
5. Is it easy to manage products through Woocommerce compared to Etsy?
Yes! With WooCommerce, you have full control over your products and inventory. You can easily add, edit, and delete products as needed. You can also set up different product categories to help keep your products organized. Etsy does not offer this same level of control over products. Additionally, with WooCommerce , you can create product variations , such as different sizes or colors. This is not possible with Etsy. Finally, WooCommerce allows you to offer digital downloads of products, which can be a great option for selling e-books, audio files, or software. Etsy does not currently offer this option.
Overall, WooCommerce provides a more robust and customizable eCommerce experience than Etsy. If you’re looking for a platform that will enable you to take your business to the next level, it just may be the time to move your Etsy Store to Woocommerce!
Have more questions about WooCommerce, or thinking it’s time to move your Etsy Store to Woocommerce?
Our team would be happy to chat with you – contact us today!
Book a Consult